Nouvall Engineering Services is specialized in project support for the (petro) chemical and maritime industry.
We provide expertise in the field of Engineering, Project Management, Maintenance, Shutdowns, Construction and Safety.
• Review and monitor the availability of drawings, specifications, job instructions, material deliveries and tools applicable to his/her particular discipline and area of work.
• In conjunction with the contractors’ supervision, planning engineers, and the clients Engineer, develop detailed daily and weekly work plans in accordance with the overall planning schedule.
• Inform the Discipline Superintendent on specific areas where the program needs to be adjusted in accordance with site conditions and material deliveries.
• Continually review material and equipment deliveries and report discrepancies and/or shortages to the Discipline Superintendent and Material Controller.
• Routinely review the construction contractors’ scope within his area as detailed in drawings, specifications, requisitions and instructions, ensuring contractors proper interpretation and compliance with latest revision RFC issues.
• Ensure proper control of changes by assisting the Discipline Superintendent to issuing FI’s for all changes, reviewing TQ’s to ensure responses are appropriate and practical.
• Ensure that contractors record all quality control checks, and that all quality documentation is available for inclusion in the handover dossiers.
• Ensure all quality control checks and tests are executed in accordance with the contractors’ agreed ITP, method statements and project specifications.
• Witness, inspect and maintain surveillance checks on contractors work in accordance with the clients site quality plan requirements and agreed ITP’s. Ensure that all inspection activities are recorded in the appropriate records.
• Carry out progressive punch listing to ensure that the works are completed to the fullest extent possible prior to acceptance.
• Responsible for monitoring the discipline and timekeeping of contractors’ staff and labour in a defined work area, identifying any disciplinary action required, and informing the relevant Discipline Superintendent.
• Review contractors’ manpower, plant, equipment, and coordinate resource requirements with the Discipline Superintendent in a timely fashion to ensure a high level of productivity.
• Continually monitor the need for contractor overtime and obtain approval of the Discipline Superintendent when required.
• Ensure plant equipment certification is current and available at site with inspection and maintenance carried out in the prescribed manner.
• Inform the Discipline Superintendent of the availability of contractors plant and/or tools as they become surplus to his area requirements.
• Assist in maintaining proper security and safeguards over clients property, equipment, tools and materials, ensuring, by good housekeeping that items are not left around the site with a risk of loss or damage.
• Assist the Discipline Superintendent in preparing all reports relative to the work progress in his area and attend progress meetings as and when required.
• Inform the construction contractors within his area of any changes to clients or site policy and ensure that any complaints or grievances are immediately advised to the DisciplineSuperintendent for action.
• Ensure that all construction contractors’ supervision and manpower are instructed in and comply with all aspects of the clients Health, Safety, Environment and Security (SHE) policy, site regulations, permit to work procedures, instructions and requirements.
• Ensure that construction contractors working within his discipline adhere strictly to the latest Release for Construction (RFC) project drawings, specifications, ITP’s, procedures and site instructions.
• Responsible for the SHE and quality aspects of the work within assigned areas and for ensuring construction contractors complete their work in accordance with the project schedule.
• Proactive work attitude.
• Team player.
• An engineering degree in civil engineering or equal.
• Willing to work in a small, flexible and enthusiastic international team.
• A valid VCA VOL certificate and a good safety awareness.
• Minimum 10 years of work experience in the (petro-) chemical sector.
• Clear experience in working in or with design contractors.
• A desire towards the development of the design of the SP&O related projects.
• Strong affinity with the execution of construction works.
• Include your experience into practical designs and construction packages.
• Knowledge of the design of roads, sewer systems, underground fire water system and civil concrete works.
• Good understanding of English in speaking and writing and fluent in Dutch.
• Critical and sharp attitude to identify omissions in design.
• Enthusiastic and goal-oriented.
• Strong attitude to SHE.
Be part of a challenging prestigious newbuilding project.
Take responsibility and put all your effort and knowledge into this longterm possibility!
We invite people to react who want to be employed, but also invite selfemployed professionals.
Excellent terms of employment, see our website.
You can apply via our website.