Nouvall Engineering Services is specialized in project support for the (petro) chemical and maritime industry.
We provide expertise in the field of Engineering, Project Management, Maintenance, Shutdowns, Construction and Safety.
Our client is urgently looking for a construction manager to take on an exisiting project at the location in the North of France. The Detailed Engineering phase is finished and the Construction phase will start soon.
The construction manager will be responsible for :
• The successful planning, execution, supervision and completion of the Construction activities, meeting requirements of contracts, specifications and standards. You will lead the Construction Management site team and coordinate with project stakeholders and business functions to achieve the project goals.
• Managing and administering all Construction labor contracts and coordinates field activities, such as temporary facilities, materials marshaling process, transports, installation and assembly activities.
• Developing the Construction Management staffing plan and organization, ensuring that budget reflects the plan, work with the Project Manager and the Construction Resource Leader on resolving discrepancies and on filling the positions.
• Providing Construction expertise during all stages of a project. You will add value by applying appropriate Construction technology and Constructability techniques.
• Developing and implementing all Construction Safety related plans according EH&S requirements and work processes. You will lead and drive a zero-incident culture. You will champion the use of Construction Safety best practices and ensure proper safety introduction and training for all personnel on the Construction site.
• Ensuring the development and the implementation of Quality Assurance and Quality Control plans. You will have final responsibility for meeting the specified Construction quality standards and requirements of the facility. You´ll ensure appropriate involvement of experts and the final acceptance by authorities and their notified bodies.
• The definition of major construction sequences and for the development of construction schedules integrated into the overall project schedule. During execution you will be responsible that schedules are monitored and controlled on the basis of installed quantities and productivity data.
• Ensuring that Construction cost are monitored and controlled. This includes the management of all changes and additions and the release for payments after work and invoice acceptance.
• Managing all communication with the Construction companies and within the project organization; this includes in particular a regular look ahead and status reporting.
• Ensuring continuous documentation of relevant project data, decisions and events that impact the field activities. You will take immediate initiative to resolve conflicts, to prevent and to avoid claims.
• Upon mechanical completion of the new facility the Construction Manager ensures proper turnover to operations according to the defined procedures and requirements.
• A BS or MS degree or equivalent is required, preferably in mechanical or civil discipline.
• Fluently in speaking and writing the French language.
• Depending on the size and specifics of a project, experience of up to seven to ten years in the construction of plants in chemical, petrochemical, gas or power industry may be required.
Excellent terms, see our website.
You can apply via our website.